Pets are like children, they depend on you. They are a big responsibility. If you cannot take proper care of pets, don’t adopt them. They are not toys.
Remember that they can’t do a lot of things for themselves, and that they depend on you to give them a happy and healthy life.
A PET’S TEN COMMANDMENTS
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me. I don’t automatically speak your language.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don’t understand many of your words, I do understand your voice when you speak to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can’t bear to watch. Don’t make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
~Take a moment today to say thanks for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them.
Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without them.
~Now please pass this on to other pet owners. We do not have to wait for a miracle to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs!