Suitable Preservative for Dog Sperm?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  allyfitz 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author
     adam 
    Keymaster

Hi All,

does anyone have any ideas what might be added to dog cum to keep it for a while?

Have tried putting it in the fridge, that didn’t work very well. Didn’t try freezing it.

It would be good to find a suitable safe additive, for any owners that want to post dog semen. It makes an excellent aphrodisiac for other dogs.

allyfitz 
    Participant

Freezing it is probably the only thing that would work, but you’d probably have to do the same thing that they do for human sperm… ALMOST freeze it, but not enough for water crystals to form and destroy the cell. Just a few fractions of a degree above so it just slows down the sperm cells metabolism (or whatever it’s analogy would be). An additive may help the overall fluid from breaking down, but there’s no way that’d preserve the cells themselves.

curiouscd 
    Participant

Well, I believe you can preserve it up to 9 days in a human female’s womb. That is the best place I can think of to store it!

adam 
    Keymaster

Freezing, that’s going to be hard to ship.

As is ‘inside the female’s womb’ CCD 😉 Unlessing we recruit a new team of ‘delivery Ladies’ of course. I can picture that now 🙂

But yes maybe some kinda semi freezing would be the only option.

allyfitz 
    Participant

Well, I believe you can preserve it up to 9 days in a human female’s womb. That is the best place I can think of to store it!

Ive read so many contradictory things about how long a dogs sperm will lie dormant inside a bitch until she’s ovulating, that I’m not really sure what is true and what isn’t. I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t last ‘alive’ in a human uterus that long. A girl’s immune system will attack human sperm. White blood cells try to eliminate it, but numbers are on the sperms side (otherwise we wouldn’t be here, lol).
    While it’s true that dogs do release more sperm, the immune system isn’t going to stop, so even if the sperm cells could live for 9 days, its questionable how many would remain.

some kinda semi freezing would be the only option.

It wouldn’t be too complex to make a small temperature regulated thermos of sorts to ship it, the real question is, could you legally ship it by regular commercial methods. I know you can ship packages with dry ice, but i’m not sure what would happen once you start adding circuitry to make sure the temp is regulated with a few degrees. that might send off some warning alarms. lol I guess it would be best to check out equestrian breeders do it. They aren’t shipping horses around the country, they’re shipping eggs/sperm. So it must be possible in some way.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 ArtOfZoo Official Site - a Gaia Media Industries Website

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account